How to fill-in the Profile Visibility?

• Author

jacquelines
    Participant

Hello Team,

I’d like some guidance in how to fill-in my Profile Visibility? I got to the page that asks for name, state/country, experience with gene Keys, etc. but it doesn’t provide a way to fill-in the information. Is this page still being worked-on technically?

When I go into the Member Directory, I see world maps with markers of membership. But when I click on a location, most of them don’t give any further information or members. Some only show 1 member with name, when mulitiple members are indicated. It doesn’t seem easy to navigate or find other members.

Bobbi April
    Participant

Hello Jacqueline,

Thank you for asking for some guidance here. I would be happy to give you some and hope it helps! I too had a challenge here. What I believe is required is that you go into *My Profile by clicking up to the top right of this page. Then click on *My Account. You will see in your Account there is another option to click called *Account details. Then you will see *Profile there and you can *Edit. That way when you click on your own pin it will show all the details you have entered about yourself.  Some are yet to enter their details. This is likely why they are blank.

But yes your are correct, you cannot edit in the directory. Only via your account. Enjoy! B

Olaf
    Participant

Hello Jacqueline, play around and you will find out a lot, had the same …

when i click on the markers in the map, people show up with picture and infos

you must click on higher numbers and then it divide & then you zoom in the map

the banner picture in your profile needs a special large size to show up as you like it.

jacquelines
    Participant

Thank you so much,Bobbi, for your prompt reply. I just tried and it worked–Yeh!
    Hi Olaf, thank you for your pointers. I will try to navigate and see if I can find out more from the maps.

jacquelines
    Participant

Hi again Bobbi and Olaf, I filled in my info. For location, it only allows members to fill in State/Country: there is no place for me to fill in my city Inverness, which is in the Point Reyes seashore area near San Francisco in California, that is shown on the map. When I clicked on the map, I could see 4 members in the San Francisco proximity, such as Mill Valley, Berkeley. So what do I need to do on my profile for more accuracy to be shown on the map?

Elitsa Stoichkova
    Participant

Hello dear Jacqueline,
    If you go to your personal profile and click on “Location”, you can manually fill in the information about your current address.
    It will immediately show your location on the map!
    Have a great day!
    Love, Elitsa

Olaf
    Participant

Yes to Elitsa 🌻 same info from me, with a little addition …

My Profile > Location > Edit Location > Address Autocomplete

jacquelines
    Participant

Hello Elitsa and Olaf, I feel pretty stupid by asking again. There is no choice in my Profile for the word ‘Location’. It only shows State/Country in the line under my name. I hadn’t seen the ‘AddressAutocomplete” either?! Sorry to be of such bother.

Olaf
    Participant

jacquelines
    Participant

Thanks so much, Olaf, it worked.

Gene Keys Society
    Participant

Dear Olaf

Thank you for being such a bright shining and helpful presence in our community.

love

Gene Keys Society

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X