Community Council Conversation

• Author

The Society acts as a natural attractor field for people drawn to participate in an intentional community that embodies Gene Keys principles and grounds the transmission in practical acts of service. At the end of 2017 the Custodial Council initiated a Community Council Project Team, whose brief was to explore the potential for directly involving all community members in Society decision-making, in ways that embody Gene Keys teaching.

Community Council Project Team: Throughout the first half of 2018, a small international team of volunteers came together to explore what governance needs the Gene Keys Society might have going forward, as its membership begins to increase exponentially, to ensure the voices of the membership are heard throughout the organisation.

In a world where we are witnessing a collapsing of archaic political structures around the globe, the futures of leadership & governance are in deep mutation, providing quite a challenge to balance the Idealism (GK11) of our potential with the Realism (GK60) of our current root stock that we must accept, embrace and grow from.

This potent exploration, which the team did a great job of initiating, requires more time and greater community involvement. If this is something you are passionate about, join the conversation here and help co-create our governance model for an omni-centric Gene Keys community!

Linda Albright
    Participant

This sounds like the most valuable conversation going on on the planet today. Thank you.

(And personally, I am very sorry for the “contribution” America is making to this dialogue. Perhaps we are here to catalyze MASSIVE CHANGE SOON. Living in the US is extremely turbulent right now. Phew).

Mark Bentley
      Participant

To be honest Linda, I think America is making a MASSIVE contribution to the dialogue by provoking the spirit of the collective to step up and take responsibility for our communities, rather than rely on big daddy government to rule the roost. 🙂

I hear ya on the turbulence. The whole planet is having their governance structures shaken up at the moment. Over here in Australia we have elections coming up and the political parties constantly falling apart and prime ministers swapping early every round.

Looking forward to more engagement together over this topic. 😀

Linda Albright
        Participant

Thank you Mark. It’s “good” I suppose to see this in a larger context, a bigger viewpoint – something is seriously shaking out in the collective – if we live long enough to see it! Thx for being on the journey.

Linda Albright
    Participant

Also, as a life-long entrepreneur, I find myself restructuring how we run our company, which has global reach. We’re inviting clients/alums to become foot soldiers in our efforts (we’re in the transformation biz, like so many), and we’re watching the GK Collaborative closely and trying to emulate the self organizing/omni centric philosophy. In a world of hierarchy, heterarchy is rare and there are so few models. I’d love to hear about other entities who are restructuring as well. The Assemblage in NYC? Anywhere else? Thanks.

Mark Bentley
      Participant

Holocracy is one of the main forms that have gained solid traction out there, and one of the biggest corporate bodies that have made a name for themselves with it is Zappos!

I actually only just discovered that they have now set up a blog to share their learnings along the way.
      https://www.zapposinsights.com/about/holacracy

One of the keys that I have taken from my time playing with these systems in volunteer organisations, is that it is absolutely vital to stay grounded in the 60th gift of Realism, and move slowly but steadily into this style of organisation. It seems to require a certain level of self-awareness, and training to ensure the right mindset of all those involved.

Shantamo
        Participant

Hi Mark,

Why do you reply to Linda using information that came to you in a post I sent the day before? It looks to me like you try to put yourself one step up in a kind of hierarchy of attention, because this way your words end up higher up on the page. The Zappos blog exists since a long time, they are trailblazers in implementing holacracy in the business world. The 60 is mentioned in the initial post, that seems to indicate ‘I think the same as you’ to the custodial council (the ‘authority’). What role are you playing? I ask you to take a sincere look.

Shantamo
        Participant

Hi Mark,

Obviously, your posts trigger something in me. I am following that trail in me now. Still I stand by my question, even if the tone of it is sharp and maybe hurtful to you. In that case, apologies for the tone.

And, I trust my intuition that something is out of tune. I have entered the Delta process in position 5; so that one is my focus for seven weeks. I see one of its aspects as: doing the dirty work of keeping the group energy clean. I actually enjoy it. This presupposes that my own motivations are clear. Missed something there…

Now I wonder what you would really like to contribute to the circle. If my sense is right, you could have something valuable and essential to share, which your behavior covers up.

My perceptions may also be wrong. It happens from time to time. In any case, I look forward to your answer.

Mark Bentley
        Participant

So I have just found my way back to this thread and to be bluntly honest, your post here Shantamo hit me hard and stung. The level of lack of trust that is around the community right now has shocked me and I am still finding my feet. That being said, I am beginning to understand more of its nature, and where it is coming from. Richard just shared a video on this transformational process, and it brought me some consolation.

Im feeling mixed emotions right now. Im angry, Im bitter and im scared.

For most of my life I have held back quietly, been a people pleaser and restrained my leadership capacity. As a 5/1 Projector on the cross of masks (7,13,23,43) I can tell you it has taken me a lifetime to get to the point where I can stand forward now and be part of leadership. But the paranoia of getting burnt on the cross is still in my bones, and it is not so easy to shake off… and its projections such as the one in your post that are the smaller aspects of what I am scared of, but I know the further I lean into my natural role and explore it, Im going to make mistakes along the way, and when I do, there will be harsh reactions I need to be ready for.

So for what its worth, thank you for tickling my deepest wounding. Its a great time to purge that sucker and clean it up. I can assure you, my every day life is a constant contemplation around my own role and shadows Shantamo.

In regards to your actual message. I was a part of the Community Council Project Team and I wrote that copy to capture the quintessence of our findings for the upcoming annual report, and it was approved by the other team members. It was not written by the Custodial Council, simply shared by Midi under that guise.

If you want further confirmation of that, somewhere I have a webinar from about 2 years ago dedicated to the balance of Realism & Idealism. It is a deep part of my life.

In regards to zappos and holocracy comment, I honestly couldnt give a shit where I am on the heirarchy Shantamo, nor have I even used these forums long enough to know thats what would happen. In fact, Id rather not be on it at all and off living a happy life with my son, but with the world the way it is right now, if we don’t all pull together and bring some change and stop bickering about the small stuff, then I won’t be able to do that anyway. In fact, I think if you look at your comments below, I actually was asking to learn about YOUR experience with it, that you have not replied to.

I have spent 2 years now in deep exploration of governing mechanisms, systems, and structures etc. I helped set up and run the Flux Party (www.voteflux.org) for our West Australian elections 2 years ago, presenting a decentralised method for governance that is blockchain based (SecureVote), provides absolute transparency, while protecting the individual’s privacy, and allows for the removal of politicians themselves. I have had to pull back my contributions there due to needing to care for my family needs first. Flux are now currently in training for holocracy and implementing that as the best solution currently ready to implement for our next federal election.

Last year I was contracted to Bali, where I was working for a company called Dreem, a For Benefit company, to help set up the foundations for a new organisational structure based on the work of Frederic Laloux and his concept of Teal Organisations. These are purpose-driven organisations that DO contain a deep spiritual element.

What I learned very quickly, was to aim too high and idealistic in governance without a solid grounding in Realism, leads to flakey constructions, wasted precious resources, and dissatisfaction. I personally feel the need to have our hearts aimed towards Synarchy, but our eyes on the ground and acknowledging where we are at collectively NOW, and create a plan for how we can govern with the absolute most minimal of structures and rules, yet keep the vision and those within it safe.

I hear what you are saying in your further posts about the rebellious nature, and appreciate that, I appreciate DEEPLY that you actually have the courage to say what you were feeling here, and not keep it repressed and behind the scenes. Im tired of people doing that, Im tired of doing it myself.

So for that… again, Thank you Shantamo.

Shantamo
        Participant

Thanks for your reply Mark, I appreciate it highly. I had the feeling it had touched you. It was the lack of background information that provoked my distrust, which I do not want to deny anymore in favor of appearing to be the good guy. I think it can serve the collective in some way, though I definitely need to learn to express it in a way that does not hurt people individually. I am sorry it did that to you.

Midi provided context in her mail, now you have made the picture more full. Hierarchies seem to be part of life whenever people get together; how they can evolve into synarchies is a big part of this conversation, I think. Perhaps there is something natural in a hierarchy, when it is based on merit. At least that is when I can feel at ease with them. In this thread, I had the feeling that there was more in the scenery that what I could see on stage, and I am happy it came out. I guess your intention could well have been to keep the conversation open by not mentioning more of the context.

As for sharing more of my experience with holacracy, I think that belongs to a later stage in this conversation. I would also like to hear others’ experience with new ways of governing. In the MKP International Circle, we tried to meld Frederic Laloux and the Teal scale with holacracy. We did not get beyond a conceptual stage. I would be curious how it worked for you on Bali.

Regards, Shantamo

Mark Bentley
        Participant

Im with you all the way on the not appearing to be the “good guy” and I support that process wholeheartedly. As you probably noticed in my reply, I am going through a similair journey with it Shantamo, so how perfect for us to spark up and make some fireworks together eh? 😉

Thank you for receiving it the way you did. THIS is what I love about the Gene Keys work, that at the heart of it, it encourages us all to own our self-responsibility to deal with our own shadows, while learning over time how to do that and still dance with others in life as gracefully as possible.

Your a beautiful man Shantamo, and I trust you more than ever now. 🙂

Ps. To be honest, there was no intention really, I had just seen Midi had opened this thread and jumped on to support getting the energy moving. Which worked quite beautifully in getting the fire started for the conversation. 😀 Gotta love the way the transmission weaves.

Shantamo
        Participant

Thanks for your gracious reply, Mark. I’ve enjoyed the fireworks as well, and I trust you now. My heart feels lighter 🙂

Linda Albright
        Participant

Mark, I appreciate this…and I am seeing that this whole string has gotten spicey! 😉

Reading on now…

Shantamo
    Participant

Ready to join this conversation/project in any form it presents itself. Had some experiences in introducing holacracy, a model of heterarchy, in the ManKindProject, a men’s movement – with mixed results.

love Shantamo

Mark Bentley
      Participant

Hey Shantamo! 😀
      Awesome. I would love to hear more about the mixed results? What were the positives and challenges you came up against?

elitsa
    Participant

I am also interested in this exploration <3

Chris Richards
    Participant

My sense is that different governance functions of the Gene Keys society are served by combinations of Gene Keys such as the codon rings so that the governance is built out of the transmission. Therefore certain gene keys and codon rings will regulate certain processes such as finances, legal, HR etc

I’ve also found that Viable Systems Model by Stafford Beer (cybernetics) has stood the test of time and useful.

Mark Bentley
      Participant

Hey Chris,
      I have not come across Viable Systems Model before. Had a quick wiki of it, but dont have the time to explore as deep as I would like right now.
      Do you know of any organisations that are currently using this model?
      Cheers for the input! 🙂

Shantamo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your contribution. I agree about the GKs, Codon Rings and transmission. The beauty and challenge of creating new governance (this word may need an update) structures attracts me to this conversation. I see systems like holacracy, viable systems model and others as inputs and inspirations from the world, which could mix with our own discoveries.

Practically, at some point we would need to sit together (probably means Zoom together) with a circle and start exchanging – and, in some way, merging, I imagine.

Victoire
    Participant

Hi Sweet Friends,  I have begun muchly contemplating this subject and so to find it on our forum fills my heart with gladness and gratitude.I was going to post about this somehow!

Just so you know, I chose these 3 siddhis as part of my covenant (3, 56 and 40) and added the 31st as a fourth to be ‘on the bench’ because it chose me in a serensynchronicitous way during the Romanian Venus retreat. ^^ And the 7th is very muchly close to my heart…

Politically I would speak for  devoted efficacious compassionate anarchism and maybe we could coin a new word for our siddhic aspirations : Sanarchy :o) ?? 😀

Regarding “re-structuring” I have been following the french “yellow vest” movement which is displaying extraordinary evolutionary potential for the world with gift – siddhic frequencies through some of it’s “spokepeople” (Etienne Chouard especially) as they (and we) begin a collective effort of co-creating  a restructuring of the french constitution for true (instead of fake) democratic governance. A tool they are pushing for with all their hearts is the Referendum for Citizens Initiative in All Matters. Sortition is another. We could definitely adapt these to serve  our needs and desires and inspirations.

Another is in practice the level of transparency we hope to embody can be facilitated through modern tech with recording/streaming of meetings for example, instead of them being behind closed doors.

I found myself beginning to dream about the development of the Gene Keys Society and how our collective intelligence will manage this as we both grow in numbers and consciousness, as our ‘group heartmind’ emerges from the the cocoon of old encultured subconscious habits of relying on others  for guidance.

I also find it essential to be aware and @linda Albright (such a beautiful name!!) mentioned so aptly the brutally deplorable ‘contribution’ the United States is making in the becomming of the world (and who is helping them!) and how catastrophic in all ways the situation is for so many people as a result.

Another aspect we can contemplate is that (concentration of) power tends to drive people mad (unbalances them) and this is a risk in our beloved community too!

I am in the middle of house building and certainly plan to have more time to devote to our beautiful society,

Thanks for considering this… looking forwards to your thoughts!

With Love in all directions xoxo

Victoire

PS @rosy Aranson ❤️

Midi Berry
    Participant

Hi everyone

So happy to join this conversation.

I notice Shantamo inviting role reflection and feel to follow his lead by declaring my own position, since I have played a social role here already, as secretary to the Custodial Council, and am speaking now from a personal identity as midi.

For role clarity and for any who don’t know, Janitrix is the collective role login identity for the Custodial Council. I used it to issue this invitation to conversation in advance of it appearing in the Society’s Annual Report (in process of compilation). This login is for any of the five Custodial Council Members who want to speak up in the website in the name of the council.

If it seems useful to the conversation at any time to share Custodial Council history/information/respond to questions addressed to the Custodial Council, I’ll probably use that login identity again and/or invite my fellow council members to respond.

I’m much more interested to drop the social role and any positional authority it may (and may not!) be perceived as having, and join the conversation in my personal identity as midi. I’m a 2:4 natural hermit, recovering rescuer, and serial responder to the conch call of community! My 32.4 purpose and 32.2 culture give me an historical and evolutionary perspective and bias.

From my personal perch, I’m excited to see the diversity of themes already appearing. These are what I’m resonating with in the moment:

–     What role/s am I/we playing here (just spoken to that!)

–     What’s happening in America – and its influence in world community – i tend to be with Mark in seeing the positives. I’m privileged to be in intimate relationship with the US as a non-US citizen (so perhaps not feeling the guilt?) living in California. Immigrated 9/08/2001, and within a week of arrival was watching in stupefaction as some of my freedom-loving friends surrendered their political authority in the moment without a whimper in the face of that outside attack on their own soil. I’m living here for a second time ( first time in 70’s Oregon during Bicentennial for two years when I fell unreservedly in love with America and her West Coast). As a July baby myself, I feel attuned to America’s July 4th beating heart. And have deep trust in her awake and politically astute young people that I see emerging onto the national stage in the wake of Parkland (67 state gun laws passed within one year thanks to their initiatives, folks, look at what’s already happening on the ground of this amazing country!). I remain convinced of this nation’s capacity to become her best self and grow into the shoes of beautiful global adulthood when she completes her Pluto return…

–    Hierarchy/heterarchy in Gene Keys. What excites me especially about our Gene Keys community is:

• we have a common language in this beautiful, magical Gene Keys transmission which demonstrably transcends national and cultural boundaries
    • I love, love, love the amazing people I get to hang with!
    • I read the transmission speaking to a both / and world: allowing for hierarchy within heterarchy and heterarchy within hierarchy…

–    Systems thinking and applications in organisations. I met systems thinking first through encounter with Stellenbosch University’s Futures group in the early 90’s hen I wore many hats in South Africa to help a peaceful transition of power. I remain particularly respectful to the work of the Biomatrix group, and wonder if/how it can become more accessible in the mainstream

–    Power in Gene Keys community/ Gene Keys collective heart/mind. Ah, Victoire, beloved Findhorn room-mate. Yes to the yellow vests and all other grass roots citizen initiatives. How exciting to hear what is happening in France, my adoptive land for 18 year of the last century. I feel when we at grass roots move beyond fist shaking and demonising of an old guard who also believe that god/dess is on their side, we are all on the move together! What a great idea to look at what these new constitution initiatives can teach us.

–    Governance built out of the transmission. Codon rings? Yes, yes, yes. This has me on the edge of my seat and excited to participate in a collective Zoom gathering!

–   Delta – loved to see it named here. Personally feeling the power of this gift from angelic realms to bring collective consciousness and higher frequencies to our community.

Love to us all and the continuing conversation. 🔑🎶💛

midi

PS thanks to Mark, one of the lovely Community Council Project Team and their sometimes scribe: I feel you picking up responsibility to further the dialogue here and so appreciate you for it. 💋

Brian Goetsch
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the community and feeling called to join the conversation in my personal identity as Brian,  Please let me know how I can become involved as a community member and social collaborator.  I am a 3/5 Projector with 58.3 Life’s Work and 57.5 SQ.

Peace, love, and warm regards!

Brian

Mark Bentley
      Participant

Hey Brian!
      Welcome to the conversation and the community!

Linda Albright
    Participant

Wow. What a fantastic conversation that transpired while I wasn’t looking. Thank you for the heterarchy/holocracy references – as a 1/3 generator w a 45.1 Life’s work, I am digging this and appreciate the tips re where to dig further.

…and the journey continues…

Mark Bentley
      Participant

I love your spirit Linda and the exquisite use of the term “digging this”. 😀 hehe

Linda Albright
    Participant

And one last question, if you don’t mind: what is the difference between holacracy and heterarchy?

Shantamo
    Participant

@ Linda – Holacracy is a form of heterarchy, as far as I understand. In it, everyone has responsibility for their own field of work, and at the same time is part of one or more circles. Decisions are taken in these circles, which can have a hierarchy between them. When this forum takes a more concrete form, I could give a short overview of the system, and of my experience with it.

@ Midi – Thank you for your including post. With ‘including’ I mean that it gives value to all contributions. Among other things, it makes me appreciate Mark’s way of expressing.

At present, I seem to be in a kind of rebellious role – I see my 57.4 IQ at play, a teenage voice that questions and provokes. I feel it is of some service to the community, and so I do my best to let it come out in a mature and supportive way, with varying degrees of success. My Life’s Work is the 64.1, with 5.3 as my purpose. Learning to be patient…

For six years I worked as a volunteer in the ManKind Project (MKP), a men’s movement which aims to initiate men. I helped to found the Swiss section of it, and afterwards became a member of the international council. I see the Gene Keys face similar questions as MKP: how do we govern ourselves in a time of expansion? Probably also: how to deal with the increasing administration work which expansion brings? Can we rely on voluntary work or will some people be paid? And with that we are solidly in the sphere of Realism – income, allocation of resources, evaluating results – is all still in tune with the vision?

To create structures that allow as much light from the vision (Siddhis, Gifts, Delta, contemplation, …), in the day-to-day tasks and meetings – this is why I am in this forum. Can power be in the service of love, and in alignment with spirit? The question wakes me up at night, literally. Having said that, I am open to wherever this circle moves.

Linda Albright
      Participant

Thank you @shantamo.

As a scarred veteran of an internet company – lol – I am/we are seeking new ways to “do business.” I seem to be up close and personal with the old Matrix ways that don’t work and that are boring and trite, and am hungry for ways that do work. Some days I wish I could go back to sleep – alas my Shadow of Vanity GK 12 at work here – as I see colleagues dishing up the same old slop. Betwix and between we are. I appreciate the conversation greatly. Kudos for being on the leadership front.

Shantamo
        Participant

Same old slop was part of the MKP experience too. I got some scars out of that one. In men’s circles, we consider our scars signs of honor: the battles we fought, victories and defeats…
        To bring new ways of governance into the worlds is walking new paths, with falling and getting up again. I took a break from it after the men’s work, and here I am again 😉
        At present I am halfway in the Delta, a 7-week exploration of shared consciousness in a group of seven. I am enthusiastic and my inner regulator already says: ‘Everyone who wants to be in a leadership position has to go through the Delta’. Decision-making could well go better when we understand and experience the collective spirit of the group/company, which is higher than what each individual can muster. It requires trust and a ‘yes’ to something greater from each person; it is not really about making deals, as I perceive it.
        Whether that would work in a business environment, is an open field, possibly a commercial gamble. That ‘something greater’ may well have a power of its own, also on the material level. I don’t know.
        Holacracy does not include a spiritual aspect, it is method of governance, more or less value-neutral.
        I see you in a position in the business world where a chance could happen. It touches me.

Linda Albright
    Participant

Thank you so much @shantamo. I too am in a Delta, and it is exquisite. I hadn’t realized that holacracy does not include a spiritual component, and I hadn’t quite drawn the connections from the Delta to the business world. Now it seems so obvious! Thank you for pointing out that valuable piece and for your very kind words.

Pam DeLeo
    Participant

Appreciating this complex and delicate conversation about important next governance steps in our world at large and for our GKs evolution.

I am constantly asking myself to find ‘kind and courteous’ first in difficult communications or wait, and with a 6.3 radiance among many pieces, this seems imperative.

Thanks to all. With love.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X